Twenty-four kids and a handful of parents stand on a rocky island on the ambling Yuba River. One of the adults reaches into the chilly water and pulls out a very large, very dead fish. He holds it up with both hands. Eyes widen. Noses wrinkle.
- National Association of Science Writers (NASW)
- Northern California Science Writers Association
- 7 Animals that Evolved at Hyperspeed – Because of Us
- To Save the Redwoods, Scientists Debate Burning and Logging
- Roaming among the redwoods in California’s Humboldt County
- How California’s Gold Mining Past Is Threatening its Future
- The Having of Wonderful Ideas: Learning through expedition, exploration, and dead fish